Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Love Technology


Financial Institutions.  We all need them in one form or another.  Unless of course you bury your money in mason jars in the back yard or in your mattress or in the freezer so you can always have cold, hard cash.  With the onset of the internet we can now do almost all of our transactions and viewing right in the comfort of our home in front of the computer.  I love technology but…..

Last week I was trying to link two accounts from two financial institutions together.  According to the sites this should be an easy process.  For the newly created account at the new foundation I needed to input a user id.  Hmmm.  I guess I just click on create one.  Enter my new account number and….and…I can’t give it me.  What kind of an error message is that.  So I tried to link from the other institution.  Nope.  So I sent off an email to my advisor.  A few days later he said to call the technology help desk.  Well that means bringing the laptop to the porch to use the free wifi since you cannot talk on the phone and use the internet at the same time if you use the hotspot.  AAAHHH!!  In the meantime we got a mail delivery.  Documents to sign for the new account.  And look, my user id and temp. password.  Great.  So I went into the site….nope.  What?????  Ok, the other site.  Nope.  So off we go with the laptop and phone in hand.  Go into the site and waalaa.  I am in.  I just sat there shaking my head.  Bill just smirked and kept on reading his paper.  Gotta love technology.

Well, that done, we went to the Key West Yacht Club for lunch.  I mentioned before that we didn’t get much damage here.  This is one poor boat at the yacht club.


She was there for a few weeks until she got towed off.

Patti and Bill

3 comments:

  1. Do you maintain a Log Book to leave a Cruising Legacy?

    I have shared data for 198 anchorages from my Trawler Yacht for USA East Coast & across the South Pacific on a new website called GoodAnchorage.com

    Its a Free Crowd Sourced sharing platform for navigation information. They plug in 72 hour weather & a bunch of features for each anchorage shared by fellow mariners. Its pretty cool & did I mention it's FREE.
    They have over 4000 anchorages globally & it's only new.

    Wish I had access to their info before venturing out as it is so hard to access accurate & quality info in many parts of the world.

    Would love to see other vessel owners share anchorages & experiences for fellow Mariners to benefit from.

    I consider it my legacy & possibly the way forward to improve inaccurate charts & publications.

    Cheers
    Captain Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trik Menang Bermain Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Yang Jarang Diketahui Klik Di Sini

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam
    https://bvsateayam.blogspot.com/2018/12/tehnik-melatih-nafas-sabung-ayam-agar.html/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dapatkan Penghasilan Tanpa Keluar Rumah.. Cara Daftar

    Tips bisa didapatkan disini Tips Mudah

    ReplyDelete