Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Colonial Market and Mothers Day

Yesterday was a normal, beautiful day in St. Augustine.  Nothing much to write about.  I got a pedicure...woohoo.  There was the Colonial Market in the Spanish Quarter Museum yard.  Not much there really.  They were selling things that they would have a few centuries ago, like sponges from the Ocean.


There was the garden.



And just a few booths of other wares.





On the way out Uno was guarding the exit.  He is fourteen years old and they even dress him up.  He smiles for the camera....such a ham.



We also walked through some of the surrounding neighborhoods.  There are many brick sidewalks.  I did notice the ones here on some of the sidewalks had an interesting design.



The homes are very nice.  Usually stucco and in the Spanish style.  They had fountains, statues and flowers.




As you can see I am writing in this blog much later than usual.  Today is Mothers Day.  Not much is going on.  I called my Mommy.  I also texted and spoke to a few other family and friends.  My friend Beth from CT that lived next door called.  She was so excited.  She hasn't been able to drive for more than a year.  They finally fitted her van with the special controls and can now drive.  She drove herself to work on Friday.  Now that is a great Mothers Day gift. 

Bill and I went to a Mothers Day Brunch.  It seems most every establishment is having them.  It is kind of a lazy laid back day,  I am catching up on reading.  Bill is out walking.  I will not be posting tomorrow.  This is it for today unless something comes up later in the afternoon, besides the possible thunderstorms.

Happy Mothers Day to all the great mothers of the world!!

Patti and Bill :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment