Wednesday, May 9, 2012

One for the Ladies

I must say, flip flops are most definitely the footwear of choice here in Florida.  Women, men, girls and boys all sport them.  And they come in all colors and types.  Even platform shoes (remember platforms? they are coming back) and stilettos( just not right).  At the beaches and parks, in the city and all points in between.  Flip flops are everywhere.  My sister has become a self-proclaimed flip flop addict.  She has those cute little V tan lines on her feet to prove it. {I love you Melissa! :)}  I have two pairs myself but I find it hard to walk any distance in them.  Distance meaning more that four blocks.  I have an aversion of having things between my toes.  I wish i could wear those $0.99 ones you can even find at the local pharmacy.  Target has a huge "Wall of Thongs".  Yes kids, when I was young we called them thongs.  Now that term seems to be just for the panties.  I need to find a pair with soft material between the toes.  OK, face it, I'm a princess.  Just ask Bill.

So the hunt was on for me to find nice, comfortable sandals that were not flip flops.  I also needed a strap in the back since I found I am good at walking right out of my shoes.  A neutral color so I can wear them with everything and no heel for walking.  Is that too much to ask?  Apparently it is.  I found all sorts of sandals.  The color was going to be easy to check off as was the fact I wanted flats.  That's two.  The strap on the back took my search longer but they were out there.  That's three.  Now came the problem.  They were either in the form of flip flops or this other type.  An off take on the flip-flop maybe.  There is this rounded piece you put your big toe through.  The rest of the toes are free.  I am not even sure how they size these.  Does that mean that everyone that wears a size 8 for example, all have the same size and shape big toe?  Hmmm. 

While I have been looking Bill thought he might get a new pair of boat shoes since his were falling apart.  He found a pair but did not get them right off.  I finally found mine but could not bring myself to spend $89.00 on a pair of sandals.  I told Bill and he was actually in favor by saying "as long as you wear them and can walk further than in your flip flops".  I also needed some self assurance.  Let me see, that is $30.00 for the times with shorts plus $30.00 for the times with jeans plus $30.00 for the times with dresses.  Cool, $90.00.  I am even saving a dollar by buying those.  And they are so cute.  So yesterday was supposed to be 70% chance of thunderstorms, so we went to get my shoes.  They are Clarks and so comfy on the inside.


Perfect!!  When I came out Bill already had his bag in hand.  How do guys shop so fast?  But I love the pair he got.  Boat shoes that double as sneakers.  Sperry Top-siders are great.  I have a pair myself.  $80.00 shoes that he purchased for $50.00.  That is a fantastic deal.



Wondering how long they will stay white.  Probably longer than mine do.  We went to a little Italian eatery for lunch.  Back at the boat they were still dredging in the Marina.  Bill said so far the cost for the inlet and marina is about $12 million.  UGH!



The clouds rolled in so it was time for games and music.



Tomorrow is another day.  Profound statement, but I like it.

Patti and Bill  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh no. I hope Pam doesn't read today's blog. She has 978 pairs of sandals on the boat now and is looking for an excuse to buy more.

    ReplyDelete