Friday, May 25, 2012

We are Floridians

On Wednesday we rented a car from Enterprise for a couple of days.  We needed to run a few errands.  One of which was to go to the Green Cove Springs DMV to get our Florida drivers licenses and to also pick up a few items at different places.  Enterprise gave us this cute car/suv.  It is a Chevy HH6.  And of course my favorite vehicle color, red.




We made sure that we had all of the appropriate documents to change from CT licenses to Florida.  So off we went.  When we got there it was huge with hardly anyone there.  I was up first.  All paperwork in order, yup,  Answered a few questions, ok.  Eye test.  What?  I have to take an eye test?  Well ok.  It is on my CT license that I wear glasses.  I had lasik surgery done about 7 years ago, so I should pass with no problem..  Nope.  No license for me today.  Bill did get his.  I did remember that last year I knew my left eye got a little worse, so Lasik Plus gave me glasses.  We will get them Thursday and go back.  Meanwhile, since we had the car we drove to Anastassia Island to a place we have been wanting to go to for lunch.  The Conch House.  We have only heard good things about this place.  It was so nice.  We got a nice window seat inside With a nice view.



This guy watched over us as we ate to make sure everything was ok.  I think he was waiting for leftovers.




If we opted to eat outside there were tables and chairs on the deck or these huts.



We understand that this place is really hopping at night.  Especially out at the bar.




Lunch was great.  We even had a good Key Lime Pie for dessert.

Next day back to the DMV with my glasses.  Still did not pass.  What??  My eyes could not be that bad.  We came back to St. Augustine to Walmart to get my eyes checked. Only $54.00 for the exam, not bad.   Yup, my right one now needed a corrective lens and my left changed a little too.  Sigh!!  At least Walmart is not expensive  so I ordered new glasses, took the form signed by the doctor back to DMV that I was getting them and I finally got my drivers license.  Thanks to Bill for hanging out at Walmart and West Marine for 2 & 1/2  hours and driving me back and forth.  We also got new boatcards with Enigma in color.  Pretty.

Note:  For those of you who have the Walnut Street in Green Cove Springs address there is no #411 but there is a nice old theater for sale on the corner.

These Florida licenses are soo much nicer.  It is the Sunshine State after all.  And they are good for 8 years.  Nice!!

Patti and Bill  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Actually there is a 411 Walnut Street in Green Cove Springs. St. Brendan's Isle mail forwarding service used to be there. When they moved to their present location, the Post Office didn't want to do thousands of address changes so they let them keep their address. Cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did not drive down but have heard it is an empty lot. Maybe next time we rent a car we will check it out.

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah.. forgot to tell you there's an eye test lol - M

    ReplyDelete