Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Just another day of life on the water

Since we are living on our boat some days are pretty much uneventful.  Sorta like living in your houses, it's just we are at a dock surrounded by water, beautiful boats and walking distance to a beautiful city.  Bill awoke early to work on more of the bright work.  I just worked on the blog and read the paper.  A few days ago we needed some supplies.  Publix is the major grocery chain here in Florida.  There is one somewhere in St. Augustine but I had no idea where it was.  The other chain here is Winn Dixie.  This is more on the higher priced side and very much caters to the south.  When I walked in I automatically went to the right.  I figured I needed milk so it would be there or maybe the produce.  WRONG,  Three aisles of beer and wine.  Some wine coolers and tonic and club soda.  WOW.   Four aisles later I found the water.  Milk was at the other end.  Then I also needed some bug spray.  Being the Florida coast I figured there would be a lot.  I could not find it at first.  Where was it?  In the cat and dog food aisle!  Who designs these things?

The birds are still here fishing from the docks.


I forgot to mention yesterday that there is a mommy, daddy and baby Sandhill  Crane that walk around the pond at my sisters house..  Momma and baby scurried along but here is daddy.  Gorgeous blue with red on top of the head.




Thunderstorms were rolling in so we got a quick bite across the street and came back.  Just another day in paradise.

Patti and Bill :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment