Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Horseradish Hunt

Today started out as another warm and sunny day in the Isle of Hope.  SV Journey To,,,(that is what they are going to name the boat next to us) had already left for the day when I ventured out of the boat to shower and get the paper and some much needed coffee.  Wednesday we are having a pot luck dinner in the pavillion.  Bill will be making deviled eggs.  He needed some ingredients so off to Wally World we did go.  After a while of me looking through the clothes I caught up with him in the food section.  He asked me to get the horseradish.  I started at the wall coolers right in the beginning.  Mind you Wall Mart walls are very, very long.  No luck.  Next I looked in the floor coolers. Nothing.  Ok, so I went to the coolers in the aisles that were mostly frozen foods.  Hey, ya never know.  Na Da.  I did a repeat and still nothing.  I asked two employees.  They didn't know.  I asked two women that were just shopping, one did not know and the second said she wasn't busy and would help me look.  I couldn't go back to Bill empty handed.  He would think his wife really had no clue in the food markets.  The one lady, who I found had just moved here four years ago from Rhode Island, could not find it either.  She was asking an employee when we ran into Bill, who apparently was also looking for it.  The employee told us aisle 5, top shelf.  How could I have missed that.  Well that was because it was not horseradish but horseradish sauce.  We gave up and went to lunch.  After this we each got a refreshment and sat on the side of the boat.  Gene came over to talk to us.  He had finished his daily washing of his boat.

Yes, I did say daily.  Next thing you know people just started coming over for another lazy Happy Afternoon.  Funny how this happens.  Even the dogs like this time of day.



And the girls of C-Dock.

Some of the guys from the Motor Yacht Panache came to join us.  It was Parker's Dads boat and they were using it to hang out on for spring break.  I didn't catch all of the names or them in pics.  Here are some.



We will see what tomorrow brings. :-)

1 comment:

  1. You should mix Horseradish with sour creme. Completely changes the taste. Goes well with prime rib...or about anything.

    ReplyDelete