Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two Weeks in Charleston S.C.

We planned on one week but stayed for two weeks in Charleston S.C.  It is such a pretty place I really would not mind staying here permanently.  But I really need it to be warmer.  We arrived at City Marina (which does not belong to the city) on November 19th.  We are staying to get things done like a mail delivery, hook to the Internet to pay some bills and find a decent place for our Thanksgiving dinner.  And of course we need to do some touristy things.  I am still working on my "y'all" so I won't always be a damn yankee.  The next day we took the courtesy van to King Street which is the major street in downtown.  It's Sunday so I needed to get my NFL fix.  I am a Jacksonville Jaguar fan and Bill likes any team that is playing the New England Patriots.  Moe's Grill was the spot and we took a pedi-cab back to the marina.  The next day we went to the Fort Sumter museum.  The following day we took a ferry ride to Fort Sumter.




  Stopped in Salty Mikes at the end of the Megadock.  Famous for their Pickle Shots.  Pickle juice and vodka.  Thanksgiving morning I watched some of the Macy's Day Parade and some football (this will be a recurring theme for a while).  Downtown we had our dinner at Ansons Restaurant.  Living on the boat our dress up was sundress and flip flops for me and dockers and sneakers for Bill.  We did do a real touristy thing.  That was the carriage ride though downtown.


 We had mules instead of horses but that was ok.  If you are ever in Charleston I would highly recommend it.  On Sunday, December 4, 2011 we cast off the lines to go further south.

No comments:

Post a Comment