Monday, March 26, 2012

Ok, Ok, I know, I KNOW....

I apologize to everyone that sent me messages via Facebook, my phone and in person.  I did say I would update this daily and it has been almost a week.  I could say that I had writers block, but that would be a lie, as good as it may sound.  Honestly, I just didn't feel like it.  I didn't take any pictures and thought without them life aboard a sailboat that was just sitting at the dock in Isle of Hope would be boring to all.  From what I heard I was WRONG.  Again, I apologize.

Wednesday afternoon was our pot luck.  There was so much great food.  We found out that the kids from MY Panache were also in a band.  There was a jam session at Sammy's home that some of C-Dock went to.  Unfortunately Bill and I and a few others did not.  Guess we are showing our age.  Maybe next time.

One day last week, not a clue which day as they are all running together, Pam, Dave, Bill, Me, and Gene took Gene's son Chris out to lunch.  He is an Army Ranger and is doing another tour of duty in Afghanistan.  We learned that he also was awarded a bronze star.  So cool.

Many of the days were spent reading and playing games on my phone with the Happy Afternoon, which has become part of the C-Dock routine now.  Yesterday we had a new comer to our gathering.  It was Ed, the actual owner of Panache.  Dave cooked hot dogs and Pam put out a nice spread of salads and stuff.  As usual, their dog Chevy was the lookout for anyone new coming down the dock.


While his sister Ruby just played to the camera.


And I finaly got a picture of Gerty, who really rules the roost on Drift Away.

That's it for now.  Today has some happenings going on that I will let y'all know about tomorrow.
~_/|~


No comments:

Post a Comment