Monday, March 19, 2012

They call this Hangover Day

The locals in Savannah call the day after St. Patrick's Day Hangover Day.  I think that refers mostly to the youngin's that party until 3am on River Street Downtown.  For most of us at the marina it is more like just another day.  I woke up around 8 but chose not to even venture out of Enigma until somewhere around noon.  Like most days I had no schedule.  When I went up to shower I ran into Gene who was just coming back, and then Pam, Bill and Pat in the Pavillion.  Pam wacs also coming back from the showers and Bill was on his way for Ice Cream.  Yeah, it was a warm and lazy kinda day for all of us.  I just read the rest of the afternoon.  The conversations outside of the boat were getting louder.  Happy Afternoon on C-Dock has begun.  I grabbed a Peach Daquiri (love these pre-made ones) and headed out.  These gatherings are always somewhere on C-Dock, this time it was in front of Enigma.  Already Bill, Tom, Pam, Dave, Pat, Dan and Deb and Dick from the sailboat (Yet to have a naming ceremony) were out there.  Soon came Gene and Brian who works in the yard.  We called over a transient couple, Gary and Merideth, to join us.  Then a boat called Miller Time came in.  It was past 5:00 and since the marina was closed some of C-Dock became dock hands and apparently did a great job.  The couple and their cute little pup came to join us.  Then came to univited, unwanted guests.  The GNATS!!  I was layered in 3 different kinds of repellent, put on a light long sleeve hoodie, yoga pants.  Little by little we all gave up.
So goes it for the retired party animals on C-Dock.  Tomorrow is another day. :-)

1 comment:

  1. At my age, I don't know if I can rightfully be called a party animal anymore, although Pam is doing her best to keep me young. Maybe RPF (Retired Party Fart) is a better term.

    ReplyDelete