Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Love Mondays in Isle of Hope

Today I finally cleaned out my clothes in the v-berth.  I have come to realize that there are some things I can put away, like heavy sweaters.  I did come to terms that no matter what I just am not going to fit into my size 2 jeans and shorts again.  No matter the excuse of 'they must have shrunk' it just won't happen.  I did end up with 2 bags that will go to Goodwill.  What I did find was my bathing suits.  They do fit, why???  they stretch!!  While trying on one Bill yelled to me that there was an Old Fashioned Car Parade.  And Music.  I grabbed a sarong (I was not leaving the boat with just a bikini), flip flops and camera and off I went.  Here are a few pictures of the cars.






Even though it was late morning it was still very warm.  It appeared that even Kermit the Frog had a hard time sitting up in the bright sunshine.


There was music from a small band and people were dancing to the tunes.

I try to learn one thing a day.  Today I learned I can no longer play the Sun Goddess and lay outside to get a tan for hours on end.  Today I lasted about 1/2 hour.  That would be 15 minutes per side.  The sun is hotter here.  Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment