Thursday, March 15, 2012

Isle of Hope - How Long Will We Be Here?

We thought we would be in Isle of Hope, GA through the end of January.  NOT!  This really is a gorgeous place.  Arrived on 12/18/2011.  On 12/19/2011 we just wrote out Christmas Cards (yes, we still do that).  Got Pizza delivery from Papa Johns and that was it.  Oh yes, it is December 19 and we had to put the screens in due to the real warm weather.  As I said the homes around here are so pretty and the spanish moss on the trees on the streets make a beautiful scene.


We see barges on the water too.





Enigma is too small for a Christmas Tree, but we did decorate for the holidays.




We went to downtown on Riverstreet.



There are also many liveaboards here.  Some staying like Pat and Dan as well as Gene.  Then those like us and Pam and Dave who liveaboard and are here a bit longer than we thought.  But we all have fun and have some good times on C-Dock.



Even the dogs.


And some of us even visted Tybee Island.  We went with Pam and Dave and brought along the Garmin so we didn't get lost.  She (Garmin) sometimes seems to play with people and the directions.  She does get us to the destination, even if it is not always straight forward.  Here is the beach, pavillion and the light house.




Well, tomorrow is March 17, 2012.  I will try to update this daily.  I know I said while I was at work that I would do a blog.  I do want to thank Dave and Pam on Drift Away for inspiring me and giving me tips on getting this up and running.  Please also visit their blog at http://www.trawlerdriftaway.blogspot.com/.

1 comment: