Monday, April 30, 2012

Hunting the Manatee

Yes, you read that right.  Sunday morning was about hunting the elusive Manatee.  And yes, I was going to shoot it.  With the camera silly.  Y'all should know me better.  I do say elusive because she was there.  I could see her swim by as I stood in the middle of the ramp.  Mostly all just underwater.  Bill said I could see her if I was at the top of the ramp.  Where did she go.  I went back and forth at the top of the ramp wondering how you call a manatee.  "Here Manatee, here girl.  Please come back."  All I found was the ever growing line to board the HMS Bounty.


This woman gave up as the sun was hot and the humidity was climbing.  She decided it was cooler to hold up the tree.



People also thought they could just see it from the river and also see other sights by going on a trip on Victory III.


Well, I gave up the hunt for a bit.  It was Sunday and that means brunch.  Hey, now wonder the line was so long.  The pirates were having brunch too.



Since it was hot and that line was starting to inch closer and closer to the ramp on our side we decided to stroll through the oldest side of the city.  We heard someone singing a Jimmy Buffet tune.  It was one of the festive street musician.



We had past this one winery before.  Each time it was closed.  This time it was op......nope.  He was just leaving for a break.



We need to come back and try it.  Just down the road we found this one.  It looked interesting and we love wine tastings.



We ended up purchasing the Watermelon Wine.

After dinner I tried Manatee hunting some more.  The guides from some of the Eco Tours were on the dock and said the Manatees do come in often.  They seem to like the marina. Well Patti, what's your problem?  Everyone sees them.  Ahhh, they must be camera shy.  My friend from the other dock must have decided it was too busy there too, so came to the dock one up from us for dinner.








Hope y'all have a great couple of days.  I am off to visit with family.

Patti and Bill :-)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment