Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wandering the Docks and Meeting Old Friends

We weren't meeting up with our friends until later in the afternoon so I decided to wander around the docks here.  I went over to where there was a group of people and kids pointing at the watter and laughing.  I looked down and saw the water churning.


These were a school of Skipper Jacks.  They feed on the minnows around the docks here.  A dad was teaching his son how to fish for them by slowly dragging the bait through the water.  He was imitating the minnow.


Nothing was happening so I walked further down to get a picture of the Bridge of Lions. It didn't come out to well as there was a lot of boat traffic being a Saturday morning.  On my way back I noticed this little guy sitting on someones power cord.  The people on the boat said he is there all of the time.


Then I passed the group fishing.  Apparently they gave up the rod and reel for an easier approach.



Since we were meeting up with friends from Connecticut around 2:00 we figured we would just go to the Santa Maria Restaurant next to the marina for some appetizers.  It was a nicely decorated place.  Very nautical like.  The lamps on the ceiling I thought were interesting.  They were made out of blow fish.



Finally Bonnie and Peter arrived.  They were on time which was kind of shocking.  Peter and Bill have been friends since college.  I won't say how long ago that was but they went to school via horse and carriage.  Nah!!!  Bonnie thought she would never see us again and I thought it would be the usual 10 years.  This is the couple that bought our Person 30, Lady Di.


Bad thunderstorms rolled in and nixed our dinner plans.  Oh well.

Patti and Bill :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment