Tuesday, April 17, 2012

One More Day...

Monday I did not post anything in the blog.  Sunday was just another boring day.  Just thinking more about our traveling south.  Yesterday the last of the preparations were done.  I filled the water tanks.  Bill went to the store to get the provisions for the trip while I did the laundry.  I am usually pretty chipper but people kept asking what was wrong.  I was not my usual smiling self.  I am really excited about St. Augustine.  But we have been here four months.  Cruisers are a different sort of folk.  We quickly, like with in minutes of docking, are talking with other cruisers.  Letting the know the area and inviting them to gatherings.  We became a tight knit community here.  Always looking out for one another.  If someone is not seen by say, 3:00 or so someone checks on them to make sure they are ok.  There are a few on their boats that are alone, either single or their other half is away for a bit.

At 5:00 today our friends here through a nice going away party for us.  Food was great.  Dave made a card with a picture of Ruby smothering me with kisses.  Everyone signed the card and those with boat cards added them.  Pam made a nice cake for us.
Thanks Pam!!  And it was chocolate.  YUM!! 

Note that this is the only picture i am posting.  I was shaking to much and the other ones came out blurry.

I really am going to miss this place.  Dave is finally saying "ok, you guys are leaving". :-(  Pam and Pat figure they should start planning our Welcome Back Party for this Thursday. :-)  We will not be back, by boat anyway.  I did tel them that when we get to St. Austine I will look for a close place for the dogs to play and a Lowe's so Dave and Ben and Joe can keep working on their respective boat projects.

Patti and Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment