Friday, April 20, 2012

Our First Day in St. Augustine

This is going to be an interesting stay.  So far we have signed on for a month here at the Municipal Marina, aka City Marina.  I think it may not be a very quiet one.  We are on a dock with some touring boats.  Next to us is a nice 34 convertible though.  No one is on it, so far.  The harbour tour boat, The Victory III, is very close, like 3 slips over on the other side.  Constantly in and out.  Never got a pic yet, but can hear the people going on and off.  Also, at 7 am the church bells ring.  Good Morning.  On the other side of Victory II is the Pirate Ship The Black Raven.  I may do this tour as I love the whole pirate thing, even before Johnny Depp.


On our side of the dock there are kayaks to rent.


Small sailboat rental from Eco tours.


Para-Sailing.  I have always wanted to try this.  My insurance says I can't jump out of a plane, but nothing about this.



And lastly, a thrill speedboat ride on El Conquistador.



Yes, that blue sailboat sharing the finger slip on the other side is Enigma.  It is gonna be interesting when they start that baby up. There were no flights to Savannah the day before so Bill rented a car, the last one before they closed and stayed in Savannah that night.  He had to get the car for two days.  He told me it was a little red convertible.  My eyes flew open.  I used to own a red convertible Mustang.  I wanted to go for a ride.  YES, SWEET!!


 Little Red Corvette.  I was humming that Prince song for a while in m head.  It was pouring when we came back so we went to the first of four Irish Pubs.  JP Henley's was across the street.  70 beers on tap.  Wow!  And I had a nice glass of Honey Mead.  I haven't had that since our last trip to a Mid Evil Faire.
Friday will be more of an exploratory day.

Patti and Bill  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Maybe you should have stayed up north with Drift Away. A lot better place than the one you're currently in and you'd get to play with Chevy and Ruby every day!!! Not to mention help Dave drink his daily victory beer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are gonna start planning your welcome home party for this next Thursday. The gives you plenty of time to explore then get your butts back home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Johnny Depp has his own private island in the Bahamas at Little Hall's Pond Cay and a rather nice boat to get him there. I hear the island is available for rental if your pockets are deep enough.

    ReplyDelete