Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pictures from the Past

When I started this blog in the beginning of March I did very quick paragraphs with no pictures.  None until the two weeks in Charleston post.  Mostly because I wanted to get a few posts out there and some because I was trying to figure out how to easily get the pictures from my phone to the laptop.  I now take most of my pictures with my small point and shoot Nikon Coolpix.  Anyhow here are some pics of the past when we first started sailing.

This is Lady Di, our first sailboat.  Well sailboat with sleeping quarters, galley and such.  She is a Pearson 30.
We sailed her for about 10 years in New England.  We had her hauled out every winter and put back in sometime in the early spring. This means she spent Christmas on the hard in the boatyard.  I would visit her a few times and Bill would put a wreath for decoration. 
Everyone loved Lady Di.  Even this momma duck who decided to move into the cockpit one spring. We were not there when the eggs hatched but someone on another boat was and helped her get the ducklings into the water.


                               

Block Island, Rhode Island was one of our favorite destinations.


This is one of my favorite pictures.  We bought and planted this weeping cherry tree to bury the ashes of all of the dogs we rescued under.  When in bloom this tree is gorgeous.  There are some things I do miss not living in the home on land.  This is one of them.


Bill's best friend Peter purchased Lady Di when we bought Enigma.


Then begins the next chapter of our adventure.

:-)  /|)

No comments:

Post a Comment